Sketchdump #136 – Screencap studies
Here are some screencap studies I made for a contest at deviantart. They are fun, so this was a very nice opportunity to do some :) They all took me a maximum of 60 minutes each, because this was a requirement for the contest.
From top to bottom: Alien (50 min), V for Vendetta (60 min), Lord of the Rings (55 min), Avatar (60 min), Kingdom of Heaven (60 min)
What did I learn?
– Painting Na’vi is harder than I thought, nearly didn’t get it done in time
– My brain still tries to correct every tilted head to a horizontal view, be aware of that
– Need to do more focused studies (grass, mountains, clouds etc) on environment subjects, not just halfass them all the time
– Seriously need to develop my mental library on hard surface stuff (not entirely related, but … still)
– Completely misscalculated time on the last one, which is why the hair and dress look so terrible…
– I’m really portrait focused! I tried hard NOT to take only *pretty headshot* screenshots, but there we are, 4/5 are exactly that.