Bloodsport 1: Sci Fi hunter and pet #1
My friend Jaik and I are doing the old Bloodsports challenges from the crimson daggers together, starting with the first one – really trying to do it right, and not taking any shortcuts or excuses or comfort zone stuff.
The first topic is designing a “Sci Fi hunter and pet”.
First I developed some character designs. Not yet sure in which direction I wanted to go.
- weapons: firearm or scifi-gun, hunting knife, scifi-crossbow/bow (more silent than gun?), harpoon
- props? rope, ammunition, night vision, traps, backpack, first aid
- chamaeleon clothing for camouflage? (reflective or color change)
- protection gear (against environment or resistant prey)?
- why are they hunting, for food, fun or warfare?
- how to show the hunting (not i.e. soldier) aspect? (hunter is focused on sneaking, camouflage, detecting prey; less on real confrontation. hunting accessoirs like teeth, fur, dead animal?)
- posing: simple standing/crouching pose, following a trail, aiming at something, inspecting something, placing a trap, hiding behind tree/stone/something
- consider context: jungle, prairie, hostile environment?, foreign planet/world, forest, warm/cold, dry/wet, etc
- how to show sci fi aspect? (technological weapon, clothing, props, pet props, environment – is there a way to make a spear, staff, harpoon or (cross)bow look sci fi and suitable for hunting?, technical body-modifications (prothesis))
- eagle / raven (maybe with camera/spying device)
- help with coursing and fighting: tiger, fox, lynx, hyena, bear
- pet for carrying dead prey? (if hunter is slim?)
- find a way to connect hunter & his pet -> patterns, technify parts of the pet, equipment?
More to come!